Widgets Magazine

2013 All-Cape Team: Pitchers

I am going to include the same disclaimer as my previous list. This is not a stats based list, nor is there any method to my madness. This is simply a list of my favorite pitchers in alphabetical order. I included links to articles I have previously written on the pitchers, and I will write
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations,College Notes Index,Features,Prospect Video,Rankings,Scouting

2013 All-Cape Team: Position Players

2013 All-Cape Team: Position Players
I want to preface this by saying there’s no rigorous method to my madness. I simply chose the players that I like the best. I am not sure if they will be drafted first nor are their stats necessarily¬†the best. This is my All-Cape Team, and it is based largely on what each individual on
Articles,Features,Rankings

Roundtable Discussion: Midseason Top 75 Prospect List

Roundtable Discussion: Midseason Top 75 Prospect List
To go along with our Midseason Prospect List, our authors sat down and talked about the rankings. Well, they sat down and talked as much as seven people scattered all around the country could, but the end result is the same. They shared their thoughts on what they liked on the list, what they wished
2013 Top 100 Prospects,Articles,Rankings

Bullpen Banter Midseason Top 75 Prospect List

Bullpen Banter Midseason Top 75 Prospect List
Once again, it’s come time for us to release our midseason prospect list. It’s been another incredible baseball season for the player development side of the game, both in terms of players blossoming in the minors, and for those who have reached the promised land of the Major Leagues. Now it’s time to get down
2013 Top 100 Prospects,Articles,Features,Rankings

2013 MLB Draft Boards

2013 MLB Draft Boards
Jeff and Al wanted to share their individual top 50s for the 2013 MLB Draft. AL SKORUPA   JEFF REESE # Name POS SCHOOL   # Name POS SCHOOL 1 Jonathan Gray RHP Oklahoma   1 Mark Appel RHP Stanford University 2 Mark Appel RHP Stanford   2 Jonathan Gray RHP University of Oklahoma 3
Articles,Features,Rankings

2013 MLB Draft Top Prospects: 25-1

2013 MLB Draft Top Prospects: 25-1
The Amateur Draft is upon us! Our top 50 Draft Prospects are listed below with discussion. Thanks as always for reading – BB The writeups for prospects #50-26 can be found here.   1. Jonathan Gray – RHP – Oklahoma Steve Fiorindo: Gray offers the biggest upside of the draft. He has jaw dropping stuff,
Articles,Features,Prospect Video,Rankings,Round Table,Scouting

2013 MLB Draft Top Prospects: 50-26

2013 MLB Draft Top Prospects: 50-26
This is part 2 of our 2013 MLB Draft Preview. You can find Part 1 with prospects 25-1 here. 26. Austin Wilson РOF РStanford Steve Fiorindo: I saw Wilson last year, and his size and strength are evident from the bleachers. This year I was lucky enough to see him around the batting cage
Articles,Features,Prospect Video,Rankings,Scouting

2013 Farm System Rankings

2013 Farm System Rankings
Jeff Reese: As the final piece to our 2012 prospect coverage, we turn our gaze towards ranking the organizations that house the prospects we’ve spent so much time debating. One of the difficulties is deciding how to properly weigh the divide between top heavy systems with elite prospects (Baltimore) and those that lack the elite
Articles,Features,Rankings