Widgets Magazine

Seattle Mariners Top 10 Prospects for 2014

Seattle Mariners Top 10 Prospects for 2014
The M’s system is down from a year ago, but that’s to be excpected since they graduated Mike Zunino, Brad Miller and Nick Franklin and lost Danny Hultzen to shoulder surgery. A solid draft helped, but the system will likely take another couple hits in 2014 as Taijuan Walker and James Paxton should both see
Articles,Features,Prospect Video,Team Prospect Rankings

We’ll meet again…

After four years, Bullpen Banter will no longer extensively cover minor league baseball. Our site, our second home, developed into much more than four prospect fanatics’ roundtable discussions. As the masthead grew, our content evolved into a small amateur scouting department and our staff into a tight knit community. At a time, a larger vision
Articles

Milwaukee Brewers Top 10 Prospects for 2014

Milwaukee Brewers Top 10 Prospects for 2014
The Brewers system has been in a down cycle for a few years now and giving up their 2013 1st rounder to sign Kyle Lohse didn’t help the situation. Some smart picks and signings have the overall level of tools and arms in the system trending in the right direction. – AS Draft Recap: The Brewers
Articles,Features,Prospect Video,Team Prospect Rankings

San Diego Padres Top 10 Prospects for 2014

San Diego Padres Top 10 Prospects for 2014
The Padres system remained one of the strongest in the game in 2013, even with graduations and a couple major injuries. The emphasis on tools and raw arms continues to pay off as the Friars saw another set of their prospects take huge leaps forward this season.  - AS Draft Recap: This year the Padres deviated
Articles,Features,Prospect Video,Team Prospect Rankings

Washington Nationals Top 10 Prospects for 2014

Washington Nationals Top 10 Prospects for 2014
The Nationals system has seemed to fall into a pattern over the last few years of featuring one or two elite, impact talents and then a bunch of projects. The depth has considerably improved, but the system remains top heavy. – AS Draft Recap: The past few years have seen the Nationals grab elite level draft
Articles,Features,Prospect Video,Team Prospect Rankings

Robinson Cano And Sending A Message

Robinson Cano And Sending A Message
When news broke this morning that the Seattle Mariners and Robinson Cano had agreed to a ten-year, $240 million deal, it wasn’t just the team signing a big free agent. The Mariners have sent a message to the rest of the league: we’re tired of losing, and we’re going to do what it takes to
Articles,Features,Home

Houston Astros Top 10 Prospects for 2014

Houston Astros Top 10 Prospects for 2014
Drafting early and often… sending every spare part elsewhere for potentially useful players… the Astros have quickly rebuilt what was one of baseball’s weakest farms. The farms system still perhaps lacks strength at the top to match its depth, but they have the 1st overall pick again in June and a whole lot of prospects
Articles,Features,Prospect Video,Team Prospect Rankings

Texas Rangers Top 10 Prospects for 2014

Texas Rangers Top 10 Prospects for 2014
The Rangers system has fallen off some from a stretch of prolonged excellence over the last few years. That’s not unusual to find when a team is drafting 25th to 30th every year, though. There is plenty of high impact, toolsy guys around the Texas farm still, but much of it comes with considerable risk.
Articles,Features,Prospect Video,Team Prospect Rankings