Widgets Magazine

2013 All-Cape Team: Pitchers

I am going to include the same disclaimer as my previous list. This is not a stats based list, nor is there any method to my madness. This is simply a list of my favorite pitchers in alphabetical order. I included links to articles I have previously written on the pitchers, and I will write
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations,College Notes Index,Features,Prospect Video,Rankings,Scouting

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 8

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 8
I warned you that College Notes might become sporadic as we moved deeper into baseball season. Live baseball makes webcasts more difficult to watch. I saw Alex Haines on Friday; look for that video sometime later this week. Important Note: I must stress that these notes are€” in most cases€” based on only one game
2013 College Notes,Articles,College Notes,Features,Scouting

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 7

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 7
It’s a somewhat light week, but I managed to view a fruitful midweek game that made a volume this week possible. I spent my Sunday watching my first MiLB action of the year, Roberto Osuna at Lake County. Important Note: I must stress that these notes are€” in most cases€” based on only one game
2013 College Notes,Articles,College Notes,Features,Scouting

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 6

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 6
Ah! Baseball season is starting to pick up. College baseball is no longer the only game in town. Weather will likely determine how many games I can get out to this April/May, and that will determine how often I can push out college notes articles. And I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Important Note:
2013 College Notes,Articles,College Notes,Scouting

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 5

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 5
JD, Al, Steve, and David all got to spend time at spring training this week — Al’s still there!. I, instead, watched as winter reassert itself; it seems spring will have to wait a few more weeks. There will not be a college notes article next Monday. I’ll be spending the weekend in Long Island
2013 College Notes,Articles,College Notes,Features,Scouting

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 4

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 4
Spring came to western Pennsylvania for the weekend! It is only expected to last for a few days, but it was warm enough for me to journey to Oakland and see my first live game of the year, Pitt vs. Youngstown State. I will be editing that video this week and should have them finished
2013 College Notes,Articles,College Notes,Scouting

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 3

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 3
Pitt starts their home schedule next weekend by hosting the Panther Classic (Youngstown State and Manhattan coming in). Unless it really warms up this weekend, I will probably pass, but I’m not too far away from live games! Important Note: I must stress that these notes are€” in most cases€” based on only one game
2013 College Notes,Articles,College Notes,Scouting

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 2

2013 College Baseball Notes: Volume 2
It’s starting to feel like baseball season! Not outside of course where western Pennsylvania is still dealing with sub-freezing temperatures — and will be for the foreseeable future — but my mind state has made the transition to 2013. I’m ready for some live baseball, but until then, we have college notes! Important Note: I
2013 College Notes,Articles,College Notes,Features,Scouting