Widgets Magazine

Replacing Reyes

Friday April 12, 2013 – a day that swept radical change across the fantasy baseball landscape. In the sixth inning of a game where the Toronto Blue Jays were leading the Kansas City Royals 8-4, dynamic leadoff man and shortstop extraordinaire Jose Reyes cracked a routine single. Standing on first, he  prepared to do something he has already attempted
Articles,Fantasy,Features

2013 Fantasy Prospect Rankings: Starting Pitchers

2013 Fantasy Prospect Rankings: Starting Pitchers
These fantasy prospect rankings are for the typical 5×5 format. Players are eligible at a position if it’s more likely than not they will eligible at a position in the future. The tiers are comparable across lists. Already discussed: Catchers, Second Base, Third Base, Shortstop, Outfield When drafting a pitcher, you must consider more than his talent. Starting pitchers have
Articles,Fantasy

2013 Fantasy Prospect Rankings: Outfield

These fantasy prospect rankings are for the typical 5×5 format. Players are eligible at a position if it’s more likely than not they will eligible at a position in the future. The tiers are comparable across lists. Already discussed: Catchers, Second Base, Third Base, Shortstop Tier 1 Oscar Taveras Christian Yelich Wil Myers Taveras and Yelich are the
Articles,Fantasy

2013 Fantasy Prospect Rankings: Second Base

2013 Fantasy Prospect Rankings: Second Base
These fantasy prospect rankings are for the typical 5×5 format. Players are eligible at a position if it’s more likely than not they will eligible at a position in the future. The tiers are comparable across lists. Already discussed: Catchers Tier 1 Juickson Profar Anthony Rendon Neither Profar or Rendon are primarily second baseman they
Articles,Fantasy

2013 Fantasy Prospect Rankings: Catcher

2013 Fantasy Prospect Rankings: Catcher
These fantasy prospect rankings are for the typical 5×5 format. Players are eligible at a position if it’s more likely than not they will eligible at a position in the future. Tier 1 Michael Zunino Travis d’Arnaud Zunino gets the slight nod over d’Arnaud because I’m more confident in his ability to hit for average. I also prefer him because
Articles,Fantasy

2013 Fantasy Starting Pitcher Rankings

2013 Fantasy Starting Pitcher Rankings
This is the conclusion of our 2013 Fantasy Rankings. For our previous rankings, you can find rankings for relief pitchers, catchers, first base, second base, shortstop, third base,outfield 51-101, and outfield top 50 As is true with a real-life baseball team, starting pitching often represents the backbone of a strong fantasy contender.  However, a strong starting rotation and little else will lead
Articles,Fantasy,Features

Double Blind Starting Pitcher Study

Double Blind Starting Pitcher Study
The days of March invoke many sport related thoughts. I personally see it as the real kick off of baseball — especially with the WBC starting things early — and all of the fun that comes with fantasy teams such as draft prep, rankings, and thinking up great fantasy names (my two names are K’d
Articles,Fantasy

Anthony Rizzo’s Fantasy Value

Anthony Rizzo’s Fantasy Value
Most astute fantasy baseball enthusiasts are aware the value of the players they own is constantly changing. What is most interesting — or perhaps important — about this fact is how much the value of a player can change over a short amount of time. One day a young hitter is labeled a suspected Quad-A
Articles,Fantasy,Features