Widgets Magazine

Early Draft Prep: The High School 3B of the 2013 Draft Class

Early Draft Prep: The High School 3B of the 2013 Draft Class
Travis Demeritte Winder-Barrow HS, Statham GA Committed to South Carolina Wide and square frame, long limbs for size and plays longer than listed size. Athletic build, solid foundation and fair development at this point, and a good deal of projection left, as he can fill out in the hips and upper back. He looks the
Articles,Deep Keepers,Features,Home,Prospect Video,Scouting,Video Index

Early Draft Prep, The High School Catchers of the 2013 MLB Draft Part 2

Early Draft Prep, The High School Catchers of the 2013 MLB Draft Part 2
In this piece, Don continues his look at the the top High School catchers for the draft. Matthew Thaiss Jackson Memorial HS Jackson NJ Committed to UVA Compact sub 6’0″ catcher with good solid development, impressive size through the hips, upper thighs, and rear. Decent development in upper torso that can fill out 10-20 pounds
Articles,Deep Keepers,Features,Home,Prospect Video,Scouting

Early Draft Prep, The High School Catchers of the 2013 MLB Draft Class Part 1

Early Draft Prep, The High School Catchers of the 2013 MLB Draft Class Part 1
In part 1 of 2, Don takes a look at the top high school catchers for the 2013 draft. Part one looks at Jeremy Martinez, Zach Collins, Brian Navarreto, and Chris Okey. Jeremy Martinez Mater Dei HS Fountain Valley CA Committed to USC Compact build that is roughly a true 5’10″, well developed through the
Articles,Deep Keepers,Features,Home,Prospect Video,Scouting,Video Index

Deep Keepers: Under Armour 2012 Part II

Evan continues with innings 4-6 in Part II of his coverage of the Under Armour game. Inning 4 RHP Kacy Clemens started the fourth inning, and again I’m surprised that we don’t hear his name among the top pitching prospects in this class as regularly as we should. No, he doesn’t currently feature plus velocity,
Articles,Deep Keepers,Scouting

Deep Keepers: Under Armour 2012 Part I

After a few years of conflicting schedules, with both games falling on the same weekend and precluding players from attending both, the Perfect Game All-American Classic and Under Armour got it right and chose consecutive weekends. This allowed a second look at players like Austin Meadows, Clint Frazier, Trey Ball, Brian Navaretto, Joey Martarano and
Deep Keepers,Scouting

Deep Keepers: Perfect Game Part All-American Class Part III

Deep Keepers: Perfect Game Part All-American Class Part III
Evan continues his excellent scouting and reporting from the Perfect Game All-American Classic Recap Part II. You can find Part I here and Part II here. Inning 7 RHP Robert Tyler is bound to catch a ton of flak for his delivery, but I took a shine to him anyway. He’s birdlike in build — almost a bit
Deep Keepers,Fantasy,Scouting

Deep Keepers: Perfect Game All-American Classic Part II

Deep Keepers: Perfect Game All-American Classic Part II
Evan continues his excellent scouting and reporting from the Perfect Game All-American Classic Recap Part II. You can find Part I here. Fourth Inning RHP Chris Oakley was easily the tallest player at the event (at 6’8″) and he’s going to be a popular name next spring. His legs look to be about 2/3 of
Articles,Deep Keepers,Fantasy,Scouting

Deep Keepers: Perfect Game All-American Classic Part I

Deep Keepers: Perfect Game All-American Classic Part I
The draft is becoming increasingly popular with dynasty league owners, and for obvious reason: knowing the draft means gaining an edge in acquiring tomorrow’s stars. While there are a multitude of summer showcases, the best places to get a look at draft eligible high school talent are the Perfect Game All-American Classic and the annual
Articles,Deep Keepers,Fantasy