Widgets Magazine

2011 Top 100: #100 Billy Hamilton

Prospect Profile: Billy Hamilton Position: 2B/SS Birthdate: 9/9/1990 Height: 6'1" Weight: 160 lbs B/T: B/R Origin: 2009 2nd Round pick by the Reds out of Mississippi HS   Steve Fiorindo (96): Talk about helium. . .Hamilton opened many eyes with his breakout year at Rookie level Billings.  It's hard ignore the year he had, not
2011 Top Prospects Write Ups

2011 Top 100: #10 Dustin Ackley

Prospect Profile: Dustin Ackley Position: 2B Birthdate: 2/26/1988 Height: 6'1" Weight: 185lbs B/T: L/R Origin: 2009 1st Round pick by the Mariners out of the University of North Carolina   Jeff Reese (5): The best pure hitter to come out of college baseball in quite some time, Dustin Ackley was Seattle's consolation prize in the
2011 Top Prospects Write Ups

2011 Top 100: #1 Mike Trout

Prospect Profile: Mike Trout Position: CF Birthdate: 8/7/1991 Height: 6'1" Weight: 200 lbs B/T: R/R Origin: 2009 1st Round pick by the Angels out of New Jersey HS   Steve Fiorindo (1): Trout and Harper are pretty much 1A and 1B for me.  I LOVE Harper's impact bat potential, but Trout offers a solid all
2011 Top Prospects Write Ups

2011 Top 100 #45 Wilmer Flores

Prospect Profile: Wilmer Flores Position: SS Birthdate: 8/6/1991 Height: 6'3" Weight: 175 lbs B/T: R/R Origin: Signed as an International Free Agent in 2007 by the Mets out of Venezuela JD Sussman (25): Flores is definitely a polarizing prospect because currently his game has a lot of question marks. Thus far, he hasn't displayed much
2011 Top Prospects Write Ups

Calls to the Pen: Chris Mellen

    We’re talking with Chris Mellen today. Chris is Director of Scouting for www.SoxProspects.com, a site that focuses on the Boston Red Sox farm system. He is also the author of the excellent column “The Ladder” on that site. You can find Chris on twitter as @ChrisMellen. Al Skorupa (BB): Thanks for taking the
Articles

Fantasy Friday Jan. 14th 2011

  * FANTASY MAILBAG * Bullpen Banter, I need some help deciding on what team to choose in a 20 team dynasty league that's starting. I get to choose 5 players from the team I choose. The reaming players will be put in a pool for a dispersion draft.  Should I go with the Mets, Orioles,
Articles

Calls to the Pen: Conor Dowley

    Al Skorupa (BB): Thanks for joining us, Conor. I enjoy your site (www.proballnw.com – a Seattle Mariners site) and you’re a great follow on twitter (@c_dowley). It must be an exciting time to be a Mariners fan now that the team is run by an intelligent, non-Bavasi GM. How long have you been
Articles

Calls to the Pen: Seth Stohs

  Today we’re talking to Seth Stohs. Seth writes about the Twins on his site www.sethspeaks.net and for the Star Tribune on the Twins Centric blog. He releases the authoritative Twins Prospect Handbook each year. The 2010 version can be found here. The 2011 version will be out soon.  Seth can also be found on
Articles