Widgets Magazine

2010 Top 10 Shortstops

  Editors note-JD, Al, Doron, Jeff and I set out to rank the top 10 prospects in the minors at each position.  We eliminated anyone with MLB experience to alleviate any eligibility issues (as of 8/28).  We each ranked our top 10 at each position and then averaged the rankings to produce the list below.-Michael
2010 Top Prospects by Position

2010 Top 10 Third Baseman

    1. Mike Moustakas 2. Lonnie Chisenhall 3. Miguel Sano 4. Matt Dominguez 5. Nick Castellanos 6. Zach Cox 7. Kaleb Cowart 8. Brent Morel 9. Nolan Arenado 10. Matt Davidson     MOUSTAKAS: JS: Isn't it amazing that the Royals have the top position player at three positions? I mean, this organization has
2010 Top Prospects by Position

Two Takes: Maybin to the Padres

JD and Michael discussing the Cameron Maybin, Ryan Webb/Edward Mujica Swap.   JD Sussman: Tom Krasovic of Fanhouse broke news of the Marlins acquiring Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica from San Diego in exchange for Cameron Maybin. Clearly, the big story here is the Marlins parting ways with the two prospects they received for Miguel
Articles

Changing the WAR

Update: With a little help from Renè Saggiadi and Colin Wyers, I made a small update regarding fielding. Renè first mentioned, there is no such thing as a "replacement level fielder." And Colin elegantly mentioned, that "replacement level teams in the wild are average on defense." Thinking about this further, both Renè and Colin are absolutely correct. Mathematically,
Articles

Fantasy Q&A

While we finish up our round table discussion for the top 10 third base prospects, there is time to take a small detour and answer a question from our audience. We received the following email to which Mike and Jeff respond below: Could you help me put those SP in order : C.SaleM.MinorT.WoodD.GeeB.BeachyB.EnrightA.SanabiaM.RogersV.WorleyC.LuebkeI.NovaA.OliverJ.Tomlin   Michael
Articles

Chosen Ones: Arizona Diamondbacks

What started out as a possible six-piece series previewing the top prospects in each organization by division took a turn for the verbose once I put fingers to keyboards. Considering some systems don't have the impact talent that others do, there could be some double-dipping, but it's my intention to write something about everyone. I'll
Articles

A little something to tide you over…

Kind of a slow time of year around here… everyone watching the playoffs. As soon as the season ends we'll start working on our prep for next season and prospect lists (ok, we may have gotten a head start on a few things!). To keep our loyal readers interested I figured I'd upload some video
Articles

Playoff Predictions!

Editor's Note: It's that time of year again! October Baseball. There are some great (and some cliche) story lines this season. Bobby Cox, arguably the best Manager of the past two decades, is in his final season as the Manager of the Braves. The Phillies are looking to go to the World Series for the
Articles