Widgets Magazine

The Rays Should Move To A Six-Man Rotation

Since Andrew Friedman took over the Rays at the end of the 2005 season, the organization’s philosophy has been cautious and calculating. To the envy of most, the front office rarely makes a false step. After years of toiling in the cellar, the Rays blossomed into the elite class of Major League Baseball in 2008.
Articles

The Top 20 Pitchers Age 25 & Under

  The Top 20 Pitchers Age 25 & Under http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/fantasy_football_maniaxs/Stephen-Strasburg.JPG   Why create a list of players Age 25 and under? Well, prospect lists miss some great young players… and lists of players in the majors miss some great  prospects. What I've tried to do here is make a list of the best "young" players
Articles

Prospects to Watch:2nd Review

When we rolled out our 2010 team previews one thing we did was pick a Prospect to Watch for each team(or more in some cases).  I tried to pick players that weren't consensus Top 100 prospects but were still capable of making some noise this year potentially putting themselves in a position to make prospect
Articles

So you want Prince Fielder?

After the Cliff Lee was traded there remain several other all-star caliber players that could be traded including Jayson Werth and Dan Haren, but none are as likely as Milwaukee’s Prince Fielder.  In 2007 a comparable situation occurred when the Texas Rangers placed franchise cornerstone Mark Teixeira on trade block with a year and a
Articles

The Top 20 Position Players Age 25 & Under

The Top 20 Position Players Age 25 & Under http://www.sawxblog.com/2009/08/rays-top-red-sox-in-13-as-the-sprint-begins.html Why create a list of players Age 25 and under? Well, prospect lists miss some great young players… and lists of players in the majors miss some great  prospects. What I've tried to do here is make a list of the best "young" players in
Articles

Domonic Brown: A Look at Toolsy Hitters and ARL

I recently published my Midseason Top 50 Prospects here and Domonic Brown headlined the list.  Coming into the year Brown was ranked by Baseball America as their #15 prospect, Kevin Goldstein tabbed Brown as his #24 prospect and we here at Bullpen Banter ranked Brown as our #14 prospect.  I was higher on Brown than
Articles

So you want Cliff Lee?

Prior the frenzy that started midweek when Lebron James announced he would join forces with ESPN to host a one hour special that may send two cities into tears, the mainstream media had one focus, Cliff Lee.  One common misconception, which I cannot stress enough, is that the compensation draft pick are not nearly as
Articles

Midseason Top 50 List

  I started working on a top 50 list a few weeks back, beginning with eliminating prospects that had moved on to the majors.  Some of those guys haven't truly lost prospect status but they should by season's end and I honestly prefer to weed those players out to get a decent idea of how
Articles