Widgets Magazine

2012 Top 100 Prospect List

Written By on 25th July, 2012

Welcome! This is the third year Bullpen Banter has released its annual Top Prospect List.  Collectively, we've traveled around the country, scoured the internet for video, dug through the MiLB.tv archives, and spoke to our sources to comprise the most insightful list possible. We've spent a great deal of time on this endeavor, and we know you'll find it informative and enjoyable.

As we did last year, we're presenting our list differently than you're typically accustom to seeing. Instead of presenting the entire bulk of our work at once, we'll be releasing our in-depth round table style write ups five prospects a day, Monday through Friday. We hope this method will help stimulate discussion and allow for our work to be more thoroughly digested by our readers.

Features in 2012:

Forum Discussion – Because our team of writers is located around the country, doing a live chat is a logistic nightmare. But, have no fear, feel free to post your questions in our new forum!

Updated Individual Lists – After the full list is finished, each writer will publish their updated individual prospect list. This will include all 125 players, and insight into both his personal ranking and grading processes. Our lists are finalized and  submitted in early December and a lot has changed since then!

Twitter UpdatesFollow us on twitter for additional insightful updates on the players we release and feel free to ask questions too!

Like Us on Facebook – Enjoy our work? Of course you do! Do us a favor and like our facebook page, then all of your friends will be able to see our incredible free content.

Bullpen Banter's  Top 100 Prospects for 2012

Please use the links to the left or click here.

1. Mike Trout – OF – LAA

2. Bryce Harper – OF – WAS

3. Matt Moore – LHP – TB

4. Jurickson Profar – SS – TEX

5. Shelby Miller – RHP – STL

6. Anthony Rendon – 3B – WAS

7. Julio Teheran – RHP – ATL

8. Manny Machado – SS – BAL

9. Dylan Bundy – RHP – BAL

10. Devin Mesoraco – C – CIN

11. Danny Hultzen – LHP – SEA

12. Travis d'Arnaud – C – TOR

13. Wil Myers – OF – KC

14. Jameson Taillon – RHP – PIT

15. Gerrit Cole – RHP – PIT

16. Taijuan Walker – RHP – SEA

17. Tyler Skaggs – LHP – ARI

18. Jesus Montero – DH/C – SEA

19. Jacob Turner – RHP – DET

20. Jarrod Parker – RHP – OAK

21. Trevor Bauer – RHP – ARI

22. Martin Perez – LHP – TEX

23. Zack Wheeler – RHP – NYM

24.  Francisco Lindor – SS – CLE

25. Xander Bogaerts – SS – BOS

26. Matt Harvey – RHP – NYM

27. Bubba Starling – OF – KC

28. James Paxton – LHP – SEA

29. Archie Bradley – RHP – ARI

30. Manny Banuelos – LHP – NYY

31. Drew Pomeranz – LHP – COL

32. Miguel Sano – 3B – MIN

33. AJ Cole – RHP – OAK

34. Jean Segura – 2B – LAA

35. Jake Odorizzi – RHP – KC

36. Carlos Martinez – RHP – STL

37. Chad Bettis – RHP – COL

38. Nolan Arenado – 3B – COL

39. George Springer – OF – HOU

40. Mike Olt – 3B – TEX

41. Anthony Gose – OF – TOR

42. Garrett Richards – RHP – LAA

43. Yasmani Grandal – C – CIN

44. Christian Yelich – OF – MIA

45. Starling Marte – OF – PIT

46. Jacob Marisnick – OF – TOR

47. Gary Sanchez – C – NYY

48. Yonder Alonso – 1B – SD

49. Mike Montgomery – LHP – KC

50. Leonys Martin – OF – TEX

51. Casey Kelly – RHP – SD

52. Randall Delgado – RHP – ATL

53. Josh Bell – OF – PIT

54. Jonathan Singleton – 1B – HOU

55. Gary Brown – OF – SF

56. Nick Castellanos – 3B – DET

57. Trevor May – RHP – PHI

58. Arodys Vizcaino – RHP – ATL

59. Cheslor Cuthbert – 3B – KC

60. Will Middlebrooks – 3B – BOS

61. Hak-Ju Lee – SS – CHC

62. Nick Franklin – SS – SEA

63. Brett Jackson – OF – CHC

64. Michael Choice – OF – OAK

65. Garin Cecchini – 3B – BOS

66. Brad Peacock – RHP – OAK

67. Matt Barnes – RHP – BOS

68. Jedd Gyorko – 3B – SD

69. Zach Lee – RHP – LAD

70. Wilin Rosario – C – COL

71. Daniel Norris – LHP – TOR

72. Justin Nicolino – LHP – TOR

73. Derek Norris – C – OAK

74. Robbie Erlin – LHP – SD

75. Oscar Taveras – OF – STL

76. Tyrell Jenkins – RHP – STL

77. Javier Baez – SS – CHC

78. Anthony Rizzo – 1B – CHC

79. Noah Syndergaard – RHP – TOR

80. Jed Bradley – LHP – MIL

81. Jonathan Schoop – IF – BAL

82. Dellin Betances – RHP – NYY

83. Jorge Alfaro – C – TEX

84. Taylor Guerrieri – RHP – TB

85. John Lamb – LHP – KC

86. Jose Campos – RHP – NYY

87. Rymer Liriano – OF – SD

88. Sonny Gray – RHP – OAK

89. Kaleb Cowart – 3B – LAA

90. Oswaldo Arcia – OF – MIN

91. Neil Ramirez – RHP – TEX

92. Jarred Cosart – RHP – HOU

93. Blake Swihart – C – BOS

94. Eddie Rosario – 2B/OF – MIN

95. Taylor Jungmann – RHP – MIL

96. Allen Webster – RHP – LAD

97. Enny Romero – LHP – TB

98. Keyvius Sampson – RHP – SD

99. Kolten Wong – 2B – STL

100. Luis Heredia – RHP – PIT

Finally, we would like to express our most sincere gratitude to our engaging readership. Whether it's in comment sections or twitter, your presence is what keeps us writing. Like last year, we've seen the site grow leaps and bounds and with an ever-growing cadre of talented writers, we expect no different in 2012.

JD Sussman
JD Sussman
About JD Sussman

JD is a co-founder of Bullpen Banter and muses about prospects, sabermetrics, and often intermingles law and baseball in his work. In addition to managing the site, JD is awaiting admission to the New York Bar. Additionally, he sporadically contributes a prospect column toFangraphs. Be wise and follow him on Twitter. He can be reached via e-mail at jdsussman@bullpenbanter.com.

2012 Top Prospects Write Ups

2 Comments on "2012 Top 100 Prospect List"