Widgets Magazine

2013 All-Cape Team: Pitchers

I am going to include the same disclaimer as my previous list. This is not a stats based list, nor is there any method to my madness. This is simply a list of my favorite pitchers in alphabetical order. I included links to articles I have previously written on the pitchers, and I will write
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations,College Notes Index,Features,Prospect Video,Rankings,Scouting

Jeff Hoffman – The Ace of the Cape

Jeff Hoffman – The Ace of the Cape
Jeff Hoffman is a 6’4″, 185 pound right-handed starter from Latham, NY. He plays collegiatly for the East Carolina Pirates and for the Hyannis Harbor Hawks in the Cape Cod League. I have seen him pitch three times this season, the first of which was at beautiful Clark-LeClair Stadium in Greenville, NC when the ECU
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations,Prospect Video,Scouting

Erick Fedde Is A Dude To Watch

Erick Fedde Is A Dude To Watch
Erick Fedde is a rising Junior from UNLV who plays for the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox. I have seen his past two starts on July 3 and July 9. On July 3, he threw 7.0 innings, allowed 5 earned runs, 8 hits, walked 1 and had 5 strikeouts. On July 9, he pitched 4 innings, allowed
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations

2012 Cape Cod Baseball League Recap: Sleeper Team

2012 Cape Cod Baseball League Recap: Sleeper Team
The Cape Cod Baseball League is widely regarded as the top collegiate summer league. Comprised of rising sophomores and juniors, the league provides a valuable look into the upcoming draft season, serving as a starting point for early draft boards and preference lists. To prove a point – of the 25 collegiate players selected in the
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations,Features,Prospect Video,Scouting

2012 Cape Cod Baseball League Recap: Second Team

2012 Cape Cod Baseball League Recap: Second Team
The Cape Cod Baseball League is widely regarded as the top collegiate summer league. Comprised of rising sophomores and juniors, the league provides a valuable look into the upcoming draft season, serving as a starting point for early draft boards and preference lists. To prove a point – of the 25 collegiate players selected in the
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations,Prospect Video,Scouting

2012 Cape Cod Baseball League Recap: First Team

2012 Cape Cod Baseball League Recap: First Team
The Cape Cod Baseball League is widely regarded as the top collegiate summer league. Comprised of rising sophomores and juniors, the league provides a valuable look into the upcoming draft season, serving as a starting point for early draft boards and preference lists. To prove a point – of the 25 collegiate players selected in the
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations,Features,Prospect Video,Scouting

2012 Cape Cod Baseball League Recap: Best Tools

2012 Cape Cod Baseball League Recap: Best Tools
The Cape Cod Baseball League is widely regarded as the top collegiate summer league. Comprised of rising sophomores and juniors, the league provides a valuable look into the upcoming draft season, serving as a starting point for early draft boards and preference lists. To prove a point – of the 25 collegiate players selected in the
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations,Features,Scouting

Cape Cod League Observations: Week 8

Cape Cod League Observations: Week 8
As the Cape League season draws to a close, this is the last weekly installment of this series for the year… but BB will continue our Cape coverage with player profiles and a Recap piece with lots more video, pref lists and more reports from fellow BB authors Pete Wardell and Tyler Bullock besides myself.
Articles,Cape Cod League Observations