Widgets Magazine

2010 Top Starting Pitching Prospects, Part Two

  Editor's note: To round out our 2010 positional rankings, we decided to go with the top 25 pitchers instead of just the top 10.  Today we will discuss the pitchers that ranked #10-1 (counting downwards to add drama this time!).  As with the other lists, any player who played in the majors prior to
2010 Top Prospects by Position

Calls to the Pen: Daniel Moroz

    Daniel Moroz is today’s interview. He writes about Orioles baseball over at his website Camden Crazies, and about baseball in general & statistical analysis for Beyond The Box Score. He can be found on twitter as @CamdenCrazies. Al Skorupa (BB): Thanks for talking with us Daniel. I always enjoy your articles and tweets.
Articles

2010 Top Starting Pitching Prospects, Part One

    Editor's note: To round out our 2010 positional rankings, we decided to go with the top 25 pitchers instead of just the top 10.  Today we will discuss the pitchers that ranked #11-25, with the top ten coming later.  As with the other lists, any player who played in the majors prior to
2010 Top Prospects by Position

Calls to the Pen: Greg Schaum

    Today's interview is with Greg Schaum of www.royalsprospects.com. You can follow Greg on twitter @Greg_Schaum. Al Skorupa (BB): Thanks for chatting with us, Greg. Your site is always my first stop for info on the suddenly awesome Royals farm system. Care to tell us a little about yourself and your work? How long
Articles

Interview with Greg Schaum

Today's interview is with Greg Schaum of www.royalsprospects.com. You can follow Greg on twitter @Greg_Schaum. Al Skorupa (BB): Thanks for chatting with us, Greg. Your site is always my first stop for info on the suddenly awesome Royals farm system. Care to tell us a little about yourself and your work? How long have you
Articles

2010 Top 10 Center Fielders

  1. Mike Trout 2. Desmond Jennings 3. Aaron Hicks 4. Brett Jackson 5. Michael Choice 6. Trayvon Robinson 7. Engel Beltre 8. Jared Mitchell 9. Joe Benson 10. Anthony Gose   MIKE TROUT Al Skorupa: Mike Trout is about as good a prospect as there is in the game right now. Impact defender in
2010 Top Prospects by Position

The Yankees Dropped the Ball on Greinke Trade

Editor's Note: There are cool charts after the jump. So, make sure you jump. Also, there is no discussion of rumored Yankee trade packages. Rumors are usually just that, don't believe everything you hear. If one was to listen to New York Sports radio, one would think Yankees' fans were on the verge of exercising
Articles

2010 Top 10 Corner Outfielders

  Editors note-JD, Al, Doron, Jeff and I set out to rank the top 10 prospects in the minors at each position.  We eliminated anyone with MLB experience to alleviate any eligibility issues (as of 8/28).  We each ranked our top 10 at each position and then averaged the rankings to produce the list below.-Michael
2010 Top Prospects by Position